ang blog-ista

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
read up to receive a dosage of arkitek lea's rants about her daily life. arkitek lea is a nomadic blogger. arkitek lea jumps restlessly from one blog to another. arkitek lea wishes to find her "permanent" blog space, HERE.

4.2.10

sometimes it does feel like it's the first time. =)

when you've done something before, and you haven't been doing it for a really looooooong time... it always, always, always, always feels like you're doing it for the first time.

it feels great. it makes you remember. it rejuvenates your soul and energizes your spirit. 

i just had a moment like that today. when i drew something, after a long long long time. i would've loved to post what i did, but my digicam do not feel like cooperating today. (promise, i'd post it another day. that's what this blog is all about anyway. a space for my endless rantings and trashy doodles.)

i used to be one hell of a talented kid. (orayt, bear with me on this one. haha.) there was even a time when i thought i may actually be a gifted child. you know, i could have been included on that promil kids commercial. ('told you, you'd really have to bear with me on this one.) i was unafraid to go beyond my limits. i can read at the age of three. i recite poems and declamations at the slightest provocation. my mommy said i am like a sponge willingly taking in a lot of information. (fine. of course all mothers say that.)

my point is: i wish that "gifted" child is still within me. i've always believed that each of us have been given our own set of talents. everyone of us, literally, IS a gifted child. when i was young, all i know is that drawing makes me happy. (and reading too. but that's a whole different story.)

i vaguely remember details of my childhood (maybe ate loy IS right.. maybe i've been abducted by an alien)... but i do remember some snippets (yeah, very much like those foggy sci-fi-like flashes of memory) of me holding crayons and pencils and happily creating my very own version of my world. i've continued being a da vinci-wannabe up until that time when academics got the best of me. or maybe up until i felt too comfortable with my "talent" that i stopped nourishing it. (same goes with my former chess "skills". i used to be a "queen" back in high school. unbelievable, riiiiiiight? hahaha.)

then here's me, now. a wanna-be architect. not really an odd place to end up since i will practically be doodling things for a living.

i haven't drawn anything manually for a really long time. (four months, tops.) and it does feel great. i'm like a kid again. makes me remember what i want to be. =)

0 comments: